About the Hall of Fame
Created as a way to help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Parkway School District, the Alumni Association inducted the Charter Class into the Hall of Fame in November, 2004. The Hall of Fame recognizes Parkway graduates who have brought honor to the district by distinguishing themselves through career achievements and outstanding community service in the years since they graduated from high school. Now, after four cycles of nominations and selections, the inductee list includes more than 100 outstanding Parkway graduates from all walks of life.
“We are excited by the caliber of people that the Parkway schools have proven to produce,” notes Jan Misuraca, the association’s Executive Director. “The community should know that these people are a reflection of what Parkway is and has always been—a place where children are given strong academic preparation for whatever they choose to do, as well as a place that will care for and support them emotionally. It's also an institution that deserves its constituents’ continuing support so that future generations will be equally prepared and will find ways to be assets in our society.”
The individuals selected for the Parkway Alumni Association's 2014 Hall of Fame Class will be announced in June 2014, and inducted at a gala in their honor in November 2014 .
Criteria for Eligibility
- Nominees must have graduated from Parkway at least ten years prior to nomination. Posthumous nominations will be considered as well. Parkway graduates are encouraged to self-nominate.
- Nominees will be evaluated for a lifetime of excellence, accomplishment and recognition in their field or fields. Their accomplishments and achievements should be recorded on the application form and resume attached.
- Candidates will be contacted by the Selection Committee to verify data on accompanying documentation and must also give consent for consideration.
- Nominations will be accepted for the 2014 Hall of Fame beginning in November 2013.
- The goal of the Selection Committee, comprised of current and former teachers, coaches, alumni and administrators, is to make its decisions based solely on the contents of the applications. Therefore, please be both accurate and thorough. To ensure fairness in the process, the Committee reserves the right to research and verify any and all information.
- Distinguished Alumni will be recognized at a gala event in November 2014; each individual will receive a personal award; and a permanent tribute will be displayed at their alma mater.
- Current members of the Hall of Fame Committee, Alumni Association Board of Directors, Board of Education and elected officials who, by virtue of their position, can directly influence funding for the Parkway School District, are not eligible for this award.